Watercraft insurance policies provide coverage for jet skis and boats of all sizes, ranging from sailboats and bass boats to yachts. The boat’s age, size, model and location are all important factors in determining the right mix of options for physical damage, contents and liability coverages. Watercraft coverage is available exclusively through SkiSafe, a Tower Hill partner.
- All-Risk Coverage: Your SkiSafe policy covers your boat, trailer and insured property for almost all physical damage – fire, theft, collision with a submerged object, glass damage, storm damage, auto accident – and more. Unlike the named perils policy many companies offer, which limits coverage to only those losses identified in the policy, SkiSafe recognizes that covering a few common losses and excluding all others leaves boaters without a life jacket. That’s why our boat insurance policy covers the risks that even the safest boater may encounter.
- Replacement Cost Coverage: SkiSafe’s Replacement Cost coverage provides that if your new boat is a total loss within the first 36 months after purchase, we will buy you a brand new version of the same boat, with the same options, features and equipment that you had right before the loss. With this option, SkiSafe will replace your new boat even if it costs more than you paid.
- Agreed Value Coverage: SkiSafe’s Agreed Value coverage ensures that if your boat is a total loss, we will pay you the agreed value that you asked us to insure the boat for upon starting your Skisafe policy. We won’t depreciate your boat or tell you it is worth less than the agreed value.
Other Types of Protection
Don’t let liability limitations keep you off the water. Here are more reasons you can enjoy your aquatic activities along with our boat liability insurance!
Towing and Roadside
SkiSafe’s Towing and Roadside Assistance provides coverage for towing your boat on the water or on land because your auto insurance does not. Simply provide your SkiSafe claims adjuster with a copy of the bill and we’ll reimburse you up to the policy limit.
Bodily Injury & Property
Your SkiSafe policy protects you against liability for bodily injury or property damage to others arising out of your boat ownership. Liability coverage under a SkiSafe policy also pays for all legal expenses in your defense. Even better, those legal expenses do not reduce the liability available under your policy.
Your policy covers no-fault medical payments for injuries up to $25,000 because boater safety is of paramount importance at SkiSafe.
Choose from coverage package and deductible options, plus available discounts.
- Coverage Packages: Depending on the individual risk and options you select, SkiSafe offers these unique coverage packages: Skipper’s Basic; Captain’s Enhanced; and Admiral’s Custom, where you can mix and match your preferred coverage options.
- Disappearing Deductible Option: Your SkiSafe policy provides that if your boat insured for its Replacement Cost or Agreed Value is a total loss, the deductible is completely waived. We know that a total loss is stressful enough – so we eliminated the deductible to get you back on the water as fast as possible. And you can choose to have the deductible disappear for any kinds of boat insurance losses too. This option is included in the Captain’s Enhanced and Admiral’s Custom Packages.
- Older Boats: Expanded coverage for older boats is available; coverage options vary by program and individual risk.
- Discounts: Depending on the individual risk and operator’s experience, discounts may be available for your SkiSafe policy. Please be sure to discuss with your agent if you qualify for one or more of the following: Operator Experience; Boating Safety Course Completion; Boating Loss History; Freshwater Navigation; or Seasonal Lay-Up Option
SkiSafe policies are written through AXIS Insurance Company, which currently holds a Financial Strength Rating® (FSR) of A+ (Superior) from A.M. Best Company. For additional information, please contact a Tower Hill insurance agent or visit SkiSafe.com.