It’s important to meet with your insurance agent once a year to make sure your insurance needs are met.
Here’s a checklist of items to discuss with your insurance agent:
- In the next year, are you considering retiring, or will any children be moving away from home to attend college?
- Are you planning to make (or have you recently completed) renovations to your home on the interior or exterior?
- Have you added a security system or made updates to your home’s roof, plumbing, electrical, or heating/cooling systems?
- Are you considering purchasing (or have you recently purchased) additional personal property, such as jewelry, collectibles, electronic equipment, furniture, etc.?
- Based on any changes to your home or contents, do you need to increase or decrease current coverage limits for your policy?
- Are you adequately covered for flood damage to both your home and property?
- Do you wish to make changes to your policy deductible options, reduce annual premiums, or minimize out of pocket expenses?
- Does your policy include an adequate amount of liability coverage given your individual situation and assets?