Gonzalo is the earliest ‘G’ storm on record.
1. Tropical Storm Gonzalo
- Headed WNW at 12 mph with winds 40 mph winds.
- NOAA keeps it at tropical storm strength though Monday.
- Models continue to weaken Gonzalo once it’s further in the Caribbean next week.
- Up to a 50% chance of development
- Models still not developing it beyond an Invest
- Conditions are good in the Gulf, so possibility for strengthening pre-landfall is there.
- Forecasted timeline is still Friday / Saturday for central Texas.
- Tropical depression development remains possible.